John H.

Default Global Warmings Puts Reefs in Peril

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:21:52 -0500, "Bert Robbins" wrote:

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

That wasn't the question. I asked you if it is possible for anyone to
come up with evidence which would convince you that our contribution is
worth controlling.

Not at the expense of the USA's future.

I know you won't answer the next question, but what the hell - typing is
free. Ready?
What specific changes do you think would be so disastrous to the USA's
economic future? No cutting and pasting. Pretend you're a reporter.
Summarize it in your own words, in two paragraphs or less.

From discussions I have had with environmental scientists and chemists the
"science" that is the basis of the Kyoto Protocols is of highly questionable
value and does not stand the scrutiny of the public eye.

The only people that are pushing the Kyoto Protocols are politicians, hoping
to look good for the next election, and those countries that will be selling
their pollution credits. The amount of pollution that will be placed into
the atmosphere will still be the same. What have you accomplished?

Immediate solution is to start building nuclear power plants all over the US
and the world. This will do more to decrease pollution world wide than
anything else.

If you find it difficult to answer that for some reason, then tell me if
this comes close to matching your view:
"There's not a chance in hell that I'd believe anyone on this subject,
no matter how perfect their research might be. Period. End of story, and
I'm not listening any more".

The Kyoto protocols are nothing more than a redistribution of wealth to
the third world and communist countries. If you can buy and sell polution
credites then what does it accomplish?

By this, I suspect you don't like the system of pollution credits. Neither
do I. They're being used here, and they function as a free pass for some
companies to continue polluting. Have you written to your legislators
about it?

The pollution credits are nothing more than a redistribution of wealth in
mode of social engineering. Bringing the developing countries up by bringing
the developed countries down will only make everyone unhappy.

I agree with the 'Go Nuclear' philosophy. The Navy has been using nuclear
reactors on big ships for years, without incident. We should have the same
reactors all over the place. Hell, I'd donate part of Harry's back yard for one.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes