Larry Chisum

Default OT: FUGAWI DO NOT BUY IT!!!

"bcd" wrote in message
Andy Devine was the honorary mayor of Van Nuys, CA for awhile. He also
owned a small bar in the Big Bear Valley near L.A. Big Bear was
frequently
a location for movie making, so the bar was popular way back when. Andy's
bar was expanded and lives on as a restaurant called Captain's Anchorage
just in case you're ever visiting Big Bear ... BTW, they say it's haunted.

Continued OT........
I was working as an usher at a theatre in Santa Ana, CA, in the mid fifties,
when Andy Devine and his wife came in to see a movie. I think they had a
home in nearby Newport Beach. That man could really fill up a seat!

Larry