Jim Carter

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..

Nobody but a complete idiot would get within less than one boat length
of another vessel while overtaking, unless it was a narrow channel
where there was no choice, and *then* you'd do it at slow speed.

Peter, the ability to think is not one of Bill's McKee's attributes. He
keeps on insisting that only his thoughts are correct when he is completely
wrong. He can't even read and comprehend what is in the Collision
Regulations.

"Jim Carter" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Jim Carter" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...
I was not wrong for several reasons. Number one is the other boat was
also
a powerboat. Did not matter if it had sails up or not, it had its

motor
running. And the road analogy is the same as ColRegs require. You

have
not make unsafe turns. If I am passing, the other boat has to
continue
in
the same direction. 17, a, i .

Bill. A sailboat is still a sailboat, even if the motor is running.

It
has to be in gear with the propulsion machinery in motion to be

classified
as a power boat. There are many reasons for a sailboat to have the

motor
running and not in gear. Recharging batteries, running a motor driven
pump
or other on board device not pertaining to the propulsion of the
vessel.

You are still at fault for being too fast and too close if you collide
with
the sailboat. Do you not have enough brain power to comprehend this?

Jim C.

He was not a sailboat. Motor running, not a sailboat. If I put up a

little
sail, and go along at 50 miles per hour in a gofast boat, and kick it in

neutral just before I ram another boat, it is ok? I am now a sail boat.

Bill, lets make this real simple so that your little brain can absorb
this.

Under the official "Collision Regulations" which some people use the
misnomer "rules of the road" you will find a section Schedule 1
(sections
3 & 4 ) Part A-General Rule 3 called "General Definitions" (c )

The term "sailing vessel" means any vessel under sail provided that the
propelling machinery, if fitted, is not being used.

Bill, now is the time to get your brain in gear! Do you understand what
was written in the Collision Regulations, that I have provided for you,
in
the above? Read it one more time! Notice that it does not mention
anything about the motor running. Notice that it is written "propelling
machinery, if fitted, is not being used." Bill, do you comprehend what
"propelling machinery" is? It is what drives the boat forward. The
propeller! Got that Bill? Do you understand it now. Get this in your
mind. A "sailboat" can have it's engine running, for many different
reasons, and not be driving the "propelling machinery" which is the
clutch,
transmission, drive shaft, propeller., etc.,..

Jim C.