DSK

Default Express Cruisers

sciman wrote:

I am looking for a comfortable weekend boat for the lake. Spend the night,
cook, fish, entertain...I am thinking in the 30-36 foot range. Searay's
Sundancer 340 looks good, but on the high price. Rinker looks to be more
inexpensive. Maxum? Regal? I have only had experience with Searay (good),
but not any with the others....thoughts?

FWIW A couple of years ago, wandering around at a boat show, I did an informal
survey of several express type boats in this size range. The best built ones
were the Cruisers Inc and the Rinker; although I don't know if they have kept up
these standards or what their current offerings are like.

Most motorboats seem to me to be very heavy and yet constructed poorly. I would
definitely include Sea Ray in this category. Of course, weekending on a lake (is
it one of the Great Lakes) is not 'round Cape Horn. But issues like ABYC
compliance with wiring & plumbing can play a big part of how well you'll like
the boat's reliability after a few months of use.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King