Doug Kanter

Default OT Insurance Co Warns About Global Warming Cost

"Don White" wrote in message
John H. wrote:

I grew up on a farm in Minnesota. We had snow for several months of the
year. We
also had gravel roads. Believe it or not, they got snow-plowed!

Limestone gravel will reflect heat better than black asphalt, I would
think.

All kinds of gravel roads get plowed here.
If they didn't, a lot of people would be isolated.

Yeah, but that's not the same as a huge parking lot outside a major grocery
store. People get real twitchy when food stores are dirty. Imagine what a
store would look like on one of those winter days when the sun melts just
the surface for a few hours. If it were a dirt parking lot, it would be mud
for just long enough to the floors in the store to look like a barn.