DSK

Default What Makes a Political Liberal

wrote:

You talk of right wing whackos as if the left has
none.

Not at all

I am embarrassed by the right wing wackos and would certainly prefer
if they would disappear quietly. The difference though, is that the left is
defined by the wackos.

Again, not at all.

This is a method of discrediting anything you disagree with as being propagated
by "whackos" before even starting. And you want to claim a halo for being of so
reasonable and logical..... NOT

If you were capable of having a conversation on the
basis of fact, not namecalling, I would gladly engage you.

I guess you have not followed this NG very long. I'd much prefer to talk boats,
and the few times I get into political discussions it's either serious (as in
the economics thread above) or for humor, as when clubbing NOBBY and some of the
other right-wing whackos here (who all try to position themselves as
"conservatives"). The only one with a lick of sense seems to be JohnH, and he
gets dragged over the edge all too often.

Let's start with the left's idea that it's the government's responsibility
to find you a job...just yesterday one of the dwarves spole to the AFL-CIO
and question after question was "What are you going to do to find me this or
get me that?" Get up off your ass and do it yourself!

That would appear to be more than just "the left." Anybody who is worried about
his financial future is not automatically a leftist, so sorry.

As for getting up and doing yourself, that's an admirable concept IMHO.

...I'm sure you'll dismiss me as an ignorant right
wing wacko...so be it...

Actually, you seem to be somewhat well informed, but badly biased and
quiveringly eager to dismiss anything you disagree with as whacko-ism. So yes, I
dismiss you. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

DSK