Tinkerntom

Default WTB Kayak plans

K, check out

http://foldingkayaks.org/

there are lots of links here about building your own SOF. Look for
Yostwerks in particular, TnT

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:
k wrote:
: Hi all,

: Anyone have any full size "used" Kayak plans they want to sell? I am
: thinking about building a 16 footer. The Ocean One plans look very
: good.

: A canvas Kayak would be OK. Thanks, -k

How serious of a boat do you want?

We did a project with scouts using Roy Underhill's book... you can check it
out at the library... the first kayak we built exactly to plan, and realized
that was way to heavy... so the rest of them we built quite a bit lighter
using waferboard on the sides since it's covered anyway...

First boat we burned as a campfire at Kankakee River State Park.

We had the kids save milk jugs with caps as floatation for the project.
http://pages.ripco.net/~jwn/scout.html (twelve 1 gallon containers per boat)

Cost was about $25 per kayak... included $4 per boat for the skin... we
got the skin from a boat yard, it's that plastic stuff they use to winterize
boats. The price we paid for the skin may have been discounted since we
were a scout troop, but we paid retail for all the lumber...

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page