Default Kayak plans

Please excuse my Faux pas. If that is the system I will accept it.

Let me ask this.

I think I want to build a canvas kayak. I have borowed two books from
the library.
The New Kayak Shop and Wood and Canvas kayaks. Both look to be
excellent books.

The only thing I am not comfortable with is the effort it is going to
take to enlarge the plans. It looks like a chore in itself. Does anyone
have suggestions to make this process a little easier? I am not exactly
new to woodworking or plan making, I am looking for something to
expedite the process. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
One concern I am having is I really don't want to get too much wrapped
up in plans I may never use. (i do not always finish what i start). I
like the look of the Kayaks on this page

http://www.guillemotkayaks.com/Build...vsPlywood.jpeg

Obviously these are from Guillemot Kayaks. If I cannot get it done I
may just buy an old town kayak from Cabelas. I looked at a few of
another brand in the $250-$350 range in a different sporting goods
store (not Cabelas) and they do not look like much. That is why I am
looking into plans.

Thanks, -k

Brian Nystrom wrote:
k wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone have any full size "used" Kayak plans they want to sell? I am
thinking about building a 16 footer. The Ocean One plans look very
good.

A canvas Kayak would be OK. Thanks, -k

It's illegal to sell "used" kayak plans. When you purchase plans, you
purchase the right to build one boat with them. Designers have a right
to expect to be paid for their expertise. They have to make a living, too.

If you're interested, I have a set of unused plans for a Merganser 17
that I'll sell for $70 (they're $85 direct from Shearwater). You can see
the details at:

http://www.shearwater-boats.com/