otnmbrd

Default buoy interpretation

"Dene" dene@(nospam) ipns.com wrote in message

Thank you all for the great advice. I do intend to take a course this
winter. A friend gave me Chapman's book and I've begun
perusing....chanting, "right of red returning from sea."

Now if I just knew what the green ones meant.

-Greg

Basically, the greens mark the opposite side of the channel.
As stated, you're talking IALA "A" buoyage where it's "red right returning
to sea" or "right of red returning from sea", so if you pass a red buoy on
your port side returning from sea and you see a green buoy, keep it on your
stbd hand as you pass it.

otn