Evan Gatehouse

Default EPOXY - resin:hardener ratios ?

wrote:
Visit:
http://69.239.32.181/Jeffco/Hardener...ustomers2_html

and you'll see that each hardener is formulated for a specific use and
nominal cure time. You'll also notice the chemistry of hardeners is
not uniform, noting for example the various "main ingredients" that
comprise these many selections:

Amidoamine
Aliphatic mannich
Modified polyamine
Modified aliphatic amine
Novel modified cycloaliphatic
Modified polyamide/polyamine
etc...

'What's going on' is apparently an extensive ammount of research to
find a combination of chemistry that perform specific tasks.

BTW, I've used the Jeffco products (almost) exclusively in hand
laminating my project (their 1310-L6 / 3138) in either 50 or 5 gallon
increments and am happy with the performance / price. Yes, I do live
in a BIG city, but they do sell direct to "non-annoying'' novices. (By
this I mean they are *not* West or System 3 with a big "customer care"
department willing to guide the uninitiated through the process).

MW
Los Angeles

Mike,

I'm using 1310-L6 with 3155/3154 hardeners. What's 3138
like and typical pot life? I note that the elongation to
failure is only 3.0%, which is pretty low for an epoxy.

Evan Gatehouse