-v-

Default Savanah River lakes about to come under assault

"del cecchi" wrote in message

"DSK" wrote in message

del cecchi wrote:

You guys get free use of resources the rest of the country

subsidizes,
the quality is great, the cost is very low. Of course you don't
complain. :-)

Explain again please why the taxpayers of Minnesota or Mississippi
should pay money so that you folks can have lake cabins for almost

free?

Because we pay taxes so that you can have flood control dams, locks, &
levees (along with FEMA insurance for when those things are

overwhelmed) for
almost free.

Got no levees in Minnesota. The dams and locks are not for flood
control but for navigation. Same with the wing dams, closing dams and
dredges ruining the backwaters. All for the barges going down the
mississippi. Take them all out. fine with me. I didn't ask for them
in the first place. They dredge the channel and dump the spoil on the
bank. Then we have to dodge the barges and watch the backwaters die.

I don't agree with fema making people who build in flood zones and on
the coastal beaches whole everytime their house washes away either.

I live on the beach in Florida. FEMA is not going to make me whole if a
hurricane washes away my house.
I hope that the very expensive PRIVATE (and difficult to obtain) insurance
policies I have will.