Bill McKee

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

"Roger Derby" wrote in message
ink.net...
Whether you are wrong in the passing situation is debatable. What is not
debatable is the alienation you've achieved on this boat building
group/list.

That said, you might check some of the many books on maritime law. It's
quite different from that administered on land. Among other things, it
assigns blame (costs) as a function of the degree of guilt. It's not the
winner take all game played on land.

I'm surprised no one has brought up the mandatory sound signals involved
in a crossing (including overtaking) situation. Until communications are
established, one should assume nothing about the "burdened" vessel.

How does the old Burma Shave jingle go? "He was right, dead right as he
sped along. Now he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong."

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..
In article . net, Bill
McKee wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
Jeff wrote in
:

proper to pass within 15 feet of boats doing 25 MPH shouldn't be out
there.

It's 50 ft in South Carolina...just like for a dock. 200' from the
marina.

--
Larry

I guess you never pass on a 2 lane road. Both oncoming and same
direction
traffic.

What does this have to your dangerous overtaking practice? Nothing.

It's damn obvious that you don't understand the Colregs and have no
intention of accepting that you are *wrong*.

PDW

I was not wrong for several reasons. Number one is the other boat was
also a powerboat. Did not matter if it had sails up or not, it had its
motor running. And the road analogy is the same as ColRegs require. You
have to not make unsafe turns. If I am passing, the other boat has to
continue in the same direction. 17, a, i .

Then you clip the distribution list. I only reply all.