Bill Kiene

Default transducers

Hi Randy,

I asked around and most are still mounting the transducers outside on the
rear of the transom at water line on aluminum and fiberglass hulls.

I thought through the hull on fiberglass was the big deal, but when I asked
around resecently with my marine soarces they said it was not as popualar as
outside?

I think the comment was that the through the hull method reduced the
accuracy of the fishfinder/bottom sounder.

What do others think about this?

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Randy" wrote in message
.. .

I'm putting a fish finder in my boat and would rather silicone the
transducer to the inside of the bottom of the hull. Do I need a special
transducer or will any one work?