Don White

Default Submerge the Trailer When We Launch a Boat?

wrote:

This sounds odd. Having a brake in the trailer should help the
stopping power and is a good thing, right? Why would anyone want to
avoid having a brake system if the towing load demands its use? People
must have been buying undersized trailers because of the low price, not
because their being brakeless.

Jay Chan

Just telling you what the dealer said.
The magic weight # here before you are forced to have brakes is 3200 or
3500 lbs. (I forget off the top of my head)
Before the introduction of SS disc brakes, the old drum/shoe type was a
bit of a maintenance nightmare when regularly dunked in salt water.