Default Need Maintenance Info on 1995 Mercury 115hp 2-Stroke Outboard Motor

- There is no filter to filter the 2 cycle oil.

Thanks for the confirmation. Now I have one less thing to worry about

- There usually is no water seperator unless one was added later.
Racor makes a nice unit. The actual filter element looks like an
automotive oil filter, but has a clear bowl with a drain on the bottom.
Be sure to get the filter specifically designed for outboatbord use. It
will have a 10 micron filter element.

I will look for it in a marine supply store. As mentioned in my other
post, I will look for one that is inline (if such thing exists) instead
of one that requires me to mount it vertically.

- I never changed lower unit oil in a Merc. On an OMC they are located
just below and above the gearcase. It vents through the fill.

Seem like I definitely need a copy of Mercury Outboard Owner Manual
before doing the oil change.

Jay Chan