Capt. JG

Default The PDQ we Sailed

Just not true. Cats are wonderful for long range cruising for a number of
reasons, not the least of which that they're easier on the crew, being very
stable.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've never claimed Bob should get a cat - there for people who like to
cruise to distant places. Someone who thinks cruising is going 3
miles to get "deep into the Sound" and thinks not having A/C would be
"horrific" is better served by a Bendy Toy.

Most long range cruisers use monohulls, Jeff. And Cats are not just for
long range cruisers. I know folks who like them just to relax on as a
waterfront home. Sorry if that offends you, but that's a fact. I don't
concern myself with how other people enjoy their boats. I'll leave that
to you.

The only
part that rings true is that it increased in value.

Oh, really? So you don't agree that the cat is dull to sail compared to
a boat like mine? You actually think your helm is equally sensitive?
Doug already confirmed that the motion is different and some folks
might not like it.
Jeff, you've been bitch slapped again and again. Where will it end?
When will you learn? I'm glad you like your boat, but it's a dull ride
compared to my 35s5 and MOST folks don't want a dull ride. I had no
idea you had the 36. It was a very nice boat, appeared well built and
comfortable. But if I decided to take some long trips with my young son
I'd rather buy a bigger monohull for him than a PDQ 36.

Enjoy!

RB
35s5....a fast and fun boat!
NY