DSK

Default Atlantic Crossing on a 26' MacGregor ?

No, it isn't. AFAIK the smallest boat to circumnavigate was 17' and it's
been done in an open 19' boat. The issue is partly the stores load, and
partly the ability to make distance good in a wide variety of weather.

DavidG wrote:
Sorry...
Record is 13' 8" L.O.A.
And that was 12' boat plus 1'8" bowsprit...
http://www.smallsailboats.co.uk/ding...files/serg.htm

OK I stand corrected... good thing I never claimed to know everthing!

IIRC there have been some tiny boats, like 6' LOA, that crossed the
Atlantic, but they are very specialized custom-built jobs. A man named
Bombigher (sp?) sailed across the Atlantic in an inflatable life raft,
with no food & water, to prove it was possible to survive on the open sea.

DSK