Michael Sutton

Default Marine Fridge vs. Dorm size fridge & invertor

(Ron Thornton) wrote in message ...
A Mechanical Eng. friend of mine told me that the tilting issue was with
piston compressors. Most consumer stuff has rotary compressors which
are not effected (so much?).

Anyway I have "the" dorm fridge my son used in college 15 years ago.
Throughly tested for the marine environment by him and his frat
brothers. I have never figured out why but It is particularly good at
cooling beer.

I have a 'dorm fridge' that I bought used in 1987. So I've had it
16 years now. It was serveral years old when I got it. So I imagine
it's 20 years old now. Never been in an "inside A/c" environment
until the last year or so. Always kept outside before. Well the
hinges on the sheetmetal on the door have finaly given away from
corrosion, etc. It still works and is still in use. It just
has a box of paper now holding the door shut. So, from heat, cold
and humidity it has corroded a little and weakened around the hinges,
but it sill works fine. 20 years in an outside environment is
a tough life for a $40 dorm fridge that you don't expect to keep
that long.

mike

Ron