Default Submerge the Trailer When We Launch a Boat?

May suggestion my not apply to you! If you don't have surge disk brakes
with a reverse lockout.... just ignore my suggestion..... as the
lockout makes backing up more likely... not more dangerous. If you
only have 4 wires, just unplug the whole thing and don't worry about
it.

Actually, I don't really know what kind of brake the trailer has, or
whether the trailer has any brake at all. I guess it has an
electric-operated brake. But I am not sure. I will be downloading the
owner manual from EZ-Loader web site to see if I can find any info
about this.

I "think" mine has 4-wires. The plug of the wiring has 3 exposed metal
prongs sticking out and 1 black plastic prong that may or may not have
any metal thing inside. What does this tell me anyway?

Your Pathfinder should be fine. I have a 4WD Colorado (and before that
an S-10) that I use to launch an 8,000 lb. boat... Just put it in 4WD
LO *before* you need it and make slow accelerations so that you don't
twist an axle (or worse).

With an 18 foot boat, you really shouldn't have any problems backing
into the water..... and relax, the trailer is designed to get wet!

Great! This means I can disconnect the wiring before backing the boat
to the ramp, and submerge the trailer into the water if I need to.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Jay Chan