Evan Gatehouse

Default Mack Pack ??

Garland Gray II wrote:
Thanks Evan. Comments below :

"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message

I've got the UK version of this (don't know if it's a Mack Pack). The
mainsail is loose footed. Sewn to the centerline of the cover are 3 sets
of straps with fastex (nylon quick release) buckles on them.

Do you mean there are three straps on each side of the cover that are used
to secure each rolled-up side separately?

That's the way mine is done.

Or do you roll both sides in a
single roll below the sail?

You ease the lazy jacks and bunch the cover down and tuck it out of the
way. Very little windage and not too untidy.

You don't need to put sail ties on with these covers - that's the beauty
of them. I just drop the mainsail, flake it a minimal amount and pull the
zipper. With a 15' boom it's no trouble. Just make sure it's cut
generously given the stack height of your sail when NOT cinched up tight.

Evan Gatehouse

Yeah, I realised the cover would have to be made extra big, especially aft,
which does concern me some.

A couple more thoughts:

- mine has the biggest zipper I have ever seen. The alloy
slider has to be about 6 oz in weight. Really rugged and
easy to slide it along

- if the lazy jacks are mounted on the spreaders, out about
1' from the mast, then the cover is held open better

Evan Gatehouse