Bill McKee

Default To My Canadian Friends...

"P Fritz" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Lloyd" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 00:52:16 +0000, Gene Kearns wrote:

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:33:27 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:
A proper Robertson has a tapered bit to fit the screw tightly.

Horse feathers.

AHHHHHHHHHHHGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHH...... (primal scream)....

OK, so I'm fixing the deck today and I got a box of these GD SS
screws. $14/lb..... and I must have stripped out the heads of 6-7
already....

POS..... gimme Torx or SOMETHING.....

You know, I can't remember EVER stripping a Robertson screw. Maybe you
should have spent the $14 on a decent screwdriver?

Lloyd

The Robertson deck screws come with a driver bit.

I found that the square 'slot' in SS decks stripped out much easier than a
philips head.

Depends on the Philips. The Deck Mates brand have a modified Philips, not a
#2. Rarely strip. Griptite's have a Philip's #2 and they strip all the
time if using a long 2.5 -3" screw in anything but the softest wood.