Garth Almgren

Default Submerge the Trailer When We Launch a Boat?

Around 11/8/2005 7:01 AM, Don White wrote:

Garth Almgren wrote:

Around 11/7/2005 1:03 PM, wrote:

"Wheel stands". Yes, that is the key words that I should use to look
for them. I have been thinking of using them. But I didn't know what
they are called. Good. Now, I can use the right terms to ask the
salesman in the store. Thanks.

AKA "Jack stands".

Maybe it's a regional thing.

Us 'poor folk' use blocks. I had some 8" x 8" treated posts left over
from a deck project that I use.

Hey, that works too. Just make sure they're not the real "blocks";
cinderblocks can shatter unexpectedly if you load them up the wrong way.

My "ramps" are treated 2x8 planks (also left over from a deck
project...) nailed together in a stair-step fashion. Heavy as heck, but
extremely cheap for me, since the wood was bought about 50 years ago.
Good quality, too; the planks that replaced them needed extra joists in
the middle of the old 6' spans to get rid of excessive bouncing.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing