Tamaroak

Default Birdflu Disaster Preparation

I purchase car insurance for about $1000 annually to get $500,000 in
liability protection and from losing vehicles worth $20,000. If I didn't
have the insurance and lost the vehicles and/or had to pay a bunch of
money because I disobeyed some traffic law I could afford it. The
likelihood of this happening has to be somewhere way less than 5%
because I don't drink and drive.

I plan to spend about $250 and pull $400 out of savings to help protect
myself and my family from losing their lives should this pandemic occur.
Do the math associated with a cost/benefit analysis, assigning a value
of $1,000,000 per life X 5 and a likelihood of 10% of the event occuring
with even a 10% chance of loss of life and you'll see this makes a whole
lot more sense than buying car insurance.

And our presidummy in Washington and his handpicked minions couldn't
even prepare for a hurricane knowing full well it was coming to a tiny
portion of the US and knowing just exactly what hurricanes do, having
seen them since the 1600's. Imagine what will happen if we have a
massive health crisis where so many more people have to be contained,
fed, clothed, hospitalized, etc. with most of our national guard in Iraq.

I'll be looking out for myself, thank you, and those with more than half
a brain will be doing the same.

Capt. Jeff