Gary

Default Best combination settee/matreess foam

johnhh wrote:
I definitely tried the perm out for size first. In fact, I chartered for a
week before I bought. Like they say, everything about a boat is a
compromise. I have since decided that I like the settee better. I am going
to try a 2" memory pad on top.

"Jere Lull" wrote in message

In article ,
"johnhh" wrote:

The discussion on best mattress foam got me going on this. My settee
folds into a bed which is where I sleep, but it is awfully hard. I
can't go beyond 4" thick with it. Any suggestions for a more
comfortable solution?

That's the reason the second thing we do when surveying a boat is try
the permanent berths out for size. Anything used for two distinct
purposes has to be a compromise. With only 4", I'd tend toward harder.

You might try one trick my wife likes, putting a sleeping bag or blanket
under the sheets.

--
Jere Lull

On the boat that I Skipper, we put 4" memory foam on all the bunks and
the crew loves it. It is pricey but comfy.

Gary