Bil

Default Birdflu Disaster Preparation

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:10:24 -0500, prodigal1 wrote:

Tamaroak wrote:
Read about 1918. Things are no different today except the speed of
transmission would be much faster. Losses in the US might be 2 - 20
million. I'm hoping none will be from my family and am taking some
minimal steps to reduce my exposure. None will be expensive.

Capt. Jeff

Cap'n Jeff, I hope you don't think I'm mocking you too hard. You're
correct about the 1918 epidemic and the odds are something like this
will happen again. I'm trying to be of Zen mind about things like this.
Frequently it happens that despite all of our planning and
contingencies, things that we can't control happen to us and sometimes
those are _bad_ things. Enjoy today without worry or fear. And in a
quiet moment of peaceful contemplation ask yourself why there seem to be
_so_many_things_ to be fearful of. Qui bono?

Exactly. And ask yourself who is behind the avian flu fear epidemic -
none other than the UNO's World Health Organization. This is the same
WHO that declared 10 years ago that its aim was to roll back malaria.
Result, ten years later, is that deaths from malaria have doubled. And
the most significant force working against malaria seems to be the
Bill Gates Foundation. This is the same WHO that two years ago
developed plans and procedures for dealing with a pandemic - if your
only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail; if your only
tool is procedures for a pandemic, every disease looks like a
pandemic. The WHO has no credibility.