Chayco

Default Dry Power Wood

Have you looked at the site rotdoctor.com ?
I don't know how good they are, but the site may be worth looking at. As
other posters said/implied it is best to replace rot with new wood....of
course. However, you have a lot of boat to work on. Pickling some wood that
is still serviceable, but on the way out, may be a way of priorizing what
needs to be done first and what can be done later.

Sounds like a real project.

There's two types of boaters....guys that can't wait to get on the water and
guys that can't wait to get into their shop. Sometimes it takes awhile to
find out who you are.

...Ken

"MarshallE" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

I was inspecting ribs on my 1942 83 footer and noted that the planking
looked great from inside. Using a knife I was able to scrape across the
wood and fine powder was generated quickly. Again, the wood looked good
but turns to powder quickly when scraped.

Question- I am guessing that this wood has seen it's better
day...anything
I can do?

thanks
Marshall