Dave Skolnick

Default Express Cruisers

I bought a Chaparral 350 Signature this past spring. I looked at a
number of boats between 27 and 40 feet; the final decision was between
the SeaRay 340 Sundancer and the Chaparral. It was pretty close, and the
items that swayed me might not mean as much to you.

In my opinion, the fit and finish of the SeaRay was very slightly better
than the Chaparral, but the design of the Chaparral was better than the
SeaRay. I decided I could fix the odd bit of trim or carpet corner that
wasn't perfect but wouldn't be moving furniture around or changing the
layout.

The swingers, if I recall correctly, we center-opening windshield and
more seating around the helm for the Chaparral and concern about keeping
all the tufted and pleated upholstory on the SeaRay clean. As I said,
not major issues.

I've got almost 90 hours on the boat this season and am still happy with
the decision.

dave

sciman wrote:
I am looking for a comfortable weekend boat for the lake. Spend the night,
cook, fish, entertain...I am thinking in the 30-36 foot range. Searay's
Sundancer 340 looks good, but on the high price. Rinker looks to be more
inexpensive. Maxum? Regal? I have only had experience with Searay (good),
but not any with the others....thoughts?

thanks