Default Submerge the Trailer When We Launch a Boat?

wrote:
Should we submerge a trailer when we launch a 18-ft boat from it? I
was asking this because I saw the boat dealer who sold my boat almost
fully submerged the trailer when they launched the boat for a sea
trail. I was under the impression that we should move the trailer down
to the point where the wheel axle is right above water. I was kind of
surprised to see that. Does this have something to do with the fact
that the trailer doesn't have a way to tilt the boat down? May be the
boat dealer just want the boat into the water as quickly as possible?

What's the proper way to launch a boat from a trailer if the trailer
doesn't have a way to tilt the boat?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Depending on the angle of the ramp, the depth of the water, the design
of the trailer, and the draft of the boat on the trailer you will need
to submerge the trailer to different depths to launch. Often this means
the trailer will be almost completely submerged. It's important to make
sure that your wiring is waterproof (most people disconnect the brake
lights before backing in) and that your wheel bearings are protected.