Bert Robbins

Default OT: FUGAWI DO NOT BUY IT!!!

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:

You may be thinking of FUBAR, an army expression that got picked up by
programmers with the ubiquitous use of "foo." The navy version (as was
explained to me) was SNAFU.

Actually, in my experience, SNAFU and FUBAR were used by all the services.
The terms represented a logical procession for the way things could be
perceived when an average trying day became a little more trying.

Things would go from Situation Normal, All Fouled UP to Fouled Up Beyond
All Recall.

Occasionally, one particularly trying event in a series of trying events
could be classified as an ICFBI! which was, of course, I Can't Frankly
Believe It!

Any word starting with the letter "F" was a wild card and any other
expletive starting with "F" could be substituted for it.

In order and witht appropriate words:

SNAFU - Situation Normal, All ****ed Up
TARFU - Things Are Really ****ed Up
FUBAR - ****ed Up Beyond All Recognition