Steven Shelikoff

Default Usage of motoroil

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:38:14 GMT, "Put Name Here"
wrote:

Basskisser,
I have watched you two argue this one to death, and I still have not figured
out your position. Are you saying that some oil is burned/consumed in the
combustion process and some oil is exhausted without actually being burned?

He's saying that an engine should burn NO oil and that anyone who says a
normal does engine burns oil is an idiot. He refuses to admit that any
oil at all, even a single molecule is burned during normal engine
operation. He asked for technical references and they were provided.
Yet he refuses to believe them. His loss.

If that is correct, how is that different than what Steve is saying?

I'm saying that oil is being burned by an engine whenever it's running.
That for a normal engine in good shape, it's just about the only way an
engine can lose oil *if* you don't see it dripping out anywhere, either
from the case or the exhaust..

Steve