Default Finalizing Christmas Shopping

John H. wrote:
On 6 Nov 2005 08:59:08 -0800, wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Kimonos and obis for the grandmothers, and a Silverado for #1 son have
been secured. Should be a special Christmas for them. But what to get
for such a deserving netizen as Krause? Perhaps a rubber ducky for his
next great Fanta Sea voyage...but then, are gifts really appropriate for
his celebration of Chanukah...

--
Skipper

Whatever solstice celebration Harry might observe, (if any), perhaps
glorifying and crowing about the unrestrained acquisition of consumer
goods isn't an inseparable part of his religious tradition. Different
strokes for different folks, as they say.

I'm sure that if your family gets together to pass the shortest days of
the year and contemplates the deep spiritual aspects of life that it
would be a "special" time for all concerned, whether or not you gave
your son a pickup truck. Wouldn't it be fair to say that the family
memories of Christmas 1977 still shine more brightly and are of greater
value than some motor vehicle you bought about that same time? If so,
then we do agree on at least a few things, don't we?

How thoughtful of you to express such a concern and sensitivity for the
religious celebrations and proclivities of your fellow human beings-
(wondering about an appropriate holiday gift for somebody you suspect
may be Jewish). The milk of human kindness "runneth" over from your
cup. You're a better Mann than anyone gives you credit for, Dave. A tip
o' my hat to you. Have a pleasant Sunday.

I thought you'd stopped this!
--
John H

I've stopped arguing with the guy.

But why should I decline to make a positive observation about his
concern and sensitivity for the religious celebrations and traditions
of others? I think it's very commendable he would include Harry as he
completes the shopping list for his upcoming religious holiday. I
thought his choice of gift for Harry might be a little bit odd, but
don't they say it's the thought that counts? I don't know if Dave is a
Christian, but if he is then he will be striving to love his enemies.

http://bible.cc/matthew/5-44.htm

Perhaps he thinks that giving gifts to his enemies is a worthy
spiritual goal. Such a noble sentiment should be applauded.

There is too much negativity and hatred in the group, so when the
opportunity arises to say something positive about another person it
would be a shame to let it slide by unutilized.

There are many positive aspects to the opening post in this thread.
Most people just give lip service to their doctrines and philosophies,
but here's a fellow that not only celebrates his religion, but
celebrates lavishly, loudly, proudly, publicly,- and obviously with a
higher budget than most. Good for him. :-)

So, I tip my hat to the Mann, and wish him a happy Sunday- and to you
as well.