John H.

Default Gas Hog Cars, same phenomenon as boats

On 5 Nov 2005 20:24:12 -0800, wrote:

Here's a list of the ten worst gas guzzling automobiles.

Notice that nearly all of them (including the VW) sell for over
$100,000- with some up in the 1/4-million dollar range.

Just like a boat- if a guy can afford to spend $200,000 on a vehicle
(or vessel), why the heck does he care whether fuel is gong to be $3-4
per gallons vs. $1-2? Whether fuel costs are going to run 3% of the
purchase cost per year, vs. 5%?

(not) overheard at the country club: "I guess I'll have to pass on that
2006 Aston Martin V-12 Vanquish I've had my eye on. The gas mileage is
pretty pathetic."

Whew, I was worried about the Mustang GT being on the list! At almost 22 mpg, it
didn't stand a chance.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

Hypocrital Liberal