John H

Default Bush shows his ignorance yet again

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:55:38 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"John H" wrote in message
.. .

You made the pejorative comment about the 'atmosphere of fear' which
we were to accept as normal. My point was that you contradict yourself
by making such a comment and then complaining that we aren't doing
enough to protect ourselves (in *any* way, shape, or form).

John H

John, the suits are using fear to shrink peoples' rights. That's completely
different from beefing up security for a mode of transportation which has
been the victim of almost total neglect. One is common sense. The other is
pandering to the worst elements in the legal community.

If we have something to fear, then measures should be taken to combat
that which is fearsome. The method of combat may be argumentative, but
the basis either exists or it doesn't.

We can't stop the tons of drugs that enter this country, yet you would
expect that we could find an item the size of a suitcase through
increased port security. If we don't find and stop the item overseas,
or keep it from being produced in the first place, then we will not
find it in a container.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!