cb

Default Fogging a Fuel Injected V8 ??

I guess I should have replaced the word "fogging" with "winterizing".

After posting my question, I spoke to the service mgr at the dealer, he
confirmed the pre-storage procedure of running the motor for 5 minutes @
1300 rpm on a mixture of 5 gallons gas and 2 quarts 2 cycle TCW-3 oil
with one ounce fuel stabilizer concentrate added. I already stabilized
the gas in the fuel tank before the last outing of the season.

ref: Mercury Service Bulletin No. 2001-8

thanks.

ed wrote:
fogging means introducting special oil into the intake passages and
combustion chamber. the stick, vaporous oil protects metal surfaces
from corrosion. On a 4-stroke, this means intake valve stems, piston
rings, cylinder walls, and exhaust valves.

technically fuel injected engines do need their fuel to be stabilized
because the efi gas is not exposed to air. but the the fuel in the tank
is. so stabilizing fuel still makes sense.

my guess is the person who advised you confused fogging with
stabilizing.

editor
http://www.marineenginedigest.com