fen

Default Garmin DO NOT BUY IT before you read this!!!

I meant to make a suggestion, not really bitch - and also find out if I was
the only one so dumb not to ASK the seller about a thing I did not know at
the time, when I became so unlucky to buy the map from a dealer that did
not tell.

I think my GPSMAP188C and my GPSMAP188 and the map I have, is just great and
would certainly buy the stuff again, this time though a bit more informed.
Itīs all about information isīnt it.

At my place CPH the card is ~480$ and the CD ~640$(including a card and USB
reader) I would pay the 160$ and some for the card. Maybee Garmin could lock
the second card to a specific GPSMAP serialnumber and then I should pay a
fee, say 20$, so in all about 200$ for the transaction, still saving me
280$.

Anyway it īs my own dumb fault resulting in a not so dumb suggestion(I
think).
If Iīm the only guy caught, its not even worth it.
Just info and an idea - no bitching.
Thanks for the feedback

"tvnav.com" skrev i en meddelelse
l.net...

"fen" wrote in message
k...
Darrel, thank you for your advice, about selling and re-buying.

You, beeing a Garmin seller, surely knows about consumer needs, and how
important it is to have them satisfied in the long run.

You are correct, that is our job as a Garmin dealer. Too bad that your
dealer didn't do their job or too bad that you didn't ask before buying
the wrong product for your needs/wants.

The way to do this in this case, vould be to let a costomer send in his
pre-programmed card to Garminīs designated distributor and let this
distributor do a single copy on a card.
The blank card, the postage and a fee for programing the card of course
beeing paid for by the costomer.

I'm pretty sure that Garmin's agreement with the BlueChart folks
wouldn't allow for this but you are right, it would be worth asking or
suggesting to **Garmin** about it but it probably won't do any good to
bitch about Garmin in the newsgroups about it.
--

Darrel Goheen

http://www.tvnav.com