Jonathan Ganz

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

In article ,
Dr. Dr. Smithers Ask Me about my Phd @ Diploma Mill .com wrote:
Jon,

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Depends on the situation, the sailboat, etc. This isn't enough info to
make a decision.

Exactly, that is why I said "it is possible". Jon, Bill's comment about
sailors who ignore or don't know the ColRegs is accurate for many sailors,
especially in relationship to a sailboat under power with it's sails up.
There are many powerboaters who have next to no understand of the ColRegs,
especially on inland lakes.

Yup, there are quite a few. Too many in my opinion. I teach sailing,
and try to educate people about it.

As a generalization though, I have found sailors to have a better
understanding of Colregs and boat handling than powerboaters, but I have
seen assholes in sailboats, powerboats, rowboats and innertubes.

I also. Mainly because, in my view, it takes more skill to sail than
to drive a motorboat (non-commercial). With a sailboat, you have to
deal with intangibles that you can't control. With motorboats, all you
have to do is turn the key and away you go. Nothing wrong with the
latter, of course. They serve a purpose, and I drive our skiff from
time to time. Good motorboating skills, just as good sailing skills,
require practice.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com