fen

Default Garmin DO NOT BUY IT before you read this!!!

My purpose is to get a legal copy of my PreProgrammed DataCard to use in my
outside steering station GPS, while the original PreProgrammed DataCard
remains in the pilothouse station GPS.

Now, had I bought the mapsoftware on CD, I would have been able to do a
transfer to a blank card AND a legal copy to a second blank card (at least
that what I believe is correct)

Of course, when I shift steering station I could unplug the card and insert
it into the other GPS.

I just would like Garmin to change policy and allow a copy from a
PreProgrammed DataCard, as they presently do from a CD.

As I write; this restriction is solely on the PreProgrammed DataCards, it is
not obvious to a buyer at the time he/she orders.(was´nt for me anyway, but
you could argue I´m the only one so dumb)

You´r right that a Garmincard can be used at all compatible GPS´s, so I did
not express myself clear, sorry.

My aim remains though.

Hans

"tvnav.com" skrev i en meddelelse

"fen" wrote in message
k...
The difference between Garmin blue chart mapping programs, bought either
on CD with unlock code - OR - as a PreProgrammed DataCards, is that the
first product may be installed on two Garmin GPS units, the second can
presently NOT.

That is incorrect. The info. stays on the data card so it isn't even
installed on one GPS. It can be used in multiple GPS's though. Obviously
not at the same time though.
--

Darrel Goheen

http://www.tvnav.com