Oliver Fleming

Default FUGAWI DO NOT BUY IT!!!

Obviously you did not read the post!
I said I had no problems with the stupid practice of limiting the
software to 2 machines. Just that it should be made clear in the advertising
BEFORE PURCHASE!!!

I would not have bought it.

Bugs and not being of merchantable quality are my problem being caught
out by the hype of advertising.

(should read more reviews and ask more questions before purchase)

Oliver Fleming

"Tom Dacon" wrote in message
You should consider yourself lucky that they let you install the software
on more than one machine at all. Generally the license you buy software
under limits you to just a single installation. While it's true that many
software installation programs don't check, and thus you can often install
software on multiple machines without problems, the end user license
agreement (EULA) on almost all retail software limits you to an
installation on a single machine. If you purchase software and install it
on multiple machines as a matter of course, you are almost certainly
violating some of the EULA's you agreed to when you purchased the
software.

So Fugawi's licensing terms are actually more liberal than the norm. For a
non-business user, two computers seems to be a reasonable number: a
desktop computer at home, perhaps, and a laptop computer on the boat.

Best regards,
Tom Dacon
Dacon Software Consulting

"Oliver Fleming" wrote in message
HI,
Below is a copy of the letter I have sent to the Canadian Better
Business Bureau.

These people produce Navigation Software, however in their advertising
they do not state that they limit the installations to 2 machines. Had I
known of this limitation I would not have purchased the software. This is
what is known as in my country as
"sharp practice" and can lead to heavy fines and Jail time.It is
difficult to change from machine to machine if required. Even a reformat
of the hard drive and re-installation requires a phone call or internet
connection. Not always possible if one is in a remote area. Also response
is slow and hampered by stupid non relevant questions.
The program is also buggy and not yet of merchantable quality, some
features as in the instructions do not work.
I have no quarrel with a company who wishes to limit the use of the
software, however this should be made plain in the advertising hype.

Oliver Fleming

A request for a RMA for return of the software is ignored with no
explanation.
Buy it and regret with leisure.

Oliver Fleming