Dr. Dr. Smithers

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

Bill,
That is why I did not say, I could avoid all accidents using defensive
driving. There are other situation where one can be driving defensively and
still be involved in an accident.

Driving and Boating are not risk free.

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...

"Dr. Dr. Smithers" Ask Me about my Phd @ Diploma Mill .com wrote in
message ...
Doug,
I will type very slow to help you understand this. I am confident that in
most situations I am able to use defensive driving to avoid most car
accidents, but I am not silly enough to assume my defensive driving will
prevent me from having all accidents. I am able to boat safely, use
defensive boating and maintain a speed and control over my boat that
will
allow me to avoid most boating accidents, but there might be a situation
that I would not be able to avoid. I am also able to stand on the Empire
State building and under most situations not be blown off of the
building.
If I was outside of the fence, and hurricane winds were blowing, I would
probably not be able to hold on, but in most situations, I am comfortable
that I would not get blown off of the Empire State building. I would
like to point out, I have not had an auto accident for more than 30 yrs.
, I
have never had a boating accident, and I have never been blown off of the
Empire State Building, but I do accept the fact that there are situations
where all 3 could occur.

"DSK" wrote in message
Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
Doug,

I have never had a boating accident

Really? You stated:

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
... I am able to go slow enough to avoid most accidents.

Did you not?

That means you must have had at least one accident, or that you cannot
use
the English language properly. Which is it?

... or filed a insurance claim on my car, home or boat insurance.

And this is relevent... how, exactly?

... I am familiar with basic physics governing boat behavior

If that were true, you would not have posted:

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
....If a large tanker suddenly decides to pull into my side of the
channel

"Large tankers" don't do *anything* suddenly. It is the same sort of
statement as that made by motorists who hit trees or bridge abutments,
saying that the obstruction "suddenly" jumped in front of them.

If a large ship appears to you to take sudden action, that is proving
that
you either know nothing about the physics or that you weren't paying
attention. Which is it?

You fail to realize that ships do have problems that can cause them to
behave in unusual manner. A ship slammed into a shopping mall in the
Mississippi due to a mechanical malfunction. I saw a ship slam into a
lock damaging the lock, when the engine shut down unexpectedly and the
ship lost the ability to reverse.

Yep. And neither happened suddenly.

Since you fail to see the obvious and prefer to make insults

When have I insulted you? I have only quoted your own statements and
pointed out your errors.

Now, if I called you a clumsy moron who should have both his arms
surgically removed at the shoulder for his own safety & that of others,
that would be an insult. It may be true, but it would be an insult.

...this discussion is probably useless for both of us.

It is useless for you because you refuse to learn. It is useful for me
because it helps remind me just how hopeless so many motorboaters are,
plus it's funny.

DSK

Some times defensive driving does not help. Have been hit twice at stop
lights, One, the guy had no brakes, 2nd, guy had no driving skills.