Doug Kanter

Default Bush shows his ignorance yet again

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...

It's a defining event for the future of our country. ...

Bingo. There's the problem - the belief that 9/11 was a defining

event.
The
administration would have us believe that the event defines the

future
indefinitely, and obliterates all other concerns. How perverse.

People compare it to the attack on Pearl Harbor. Personally, I think

it's
worse, since it was perpetrated on civilians. The attack on Pearl

Harbor
certainly "defined the future indefinitely, and obliterated all other
concerns"...in fact, it did so in a much more profound manner. Our

way
of
life has hardly changed following 9/11. Compare that to the years
immediately following Pearl Harbor.

I was referring to the atmosphere of fear which Ashcroft and Bush would

like
us to accept as normal, thereby making it OK to carve away at the
Constitution.

I wonder how the liberals felt about the Sedition Act of 1918, and FDR's
Executive Order 9066 signed in 1942...AT THAT TIME?

In times of war and national crisis, our nation has a history (and our
leaders a responsibility) of reigning in the rights of American citizens

for
our own safety.

However, the Patriot Act was done to undo the wrongs set by years of

rulings
by activist judges who tried to make laws from the bench.

As opposed to an inactivist judge? I think that's synonymous with a corpse.