Geoff Schultz

Default Navionics charts

I've placed my Navionics card in my laptop without any issues. It's a
compact flash card, nothing else. Do you think that it has some special
logic built in? You're nuts if you think that...

-- Geoff

"da2ny" wrote in
ink.net:

My understanding is that if you insert a Navionics CF card in a
computer card reader, it will render the card unusable. Navionics
puts warnings to this effect on their packages. It is also my
understanding that Raymarine plans to introduce RayNav 6.0 later this
year or early in 06 which will allow you to network a computer with
your E or C system and allow you to view your charts, etc and plan
routes on your PC.

"Daniel" wrote in message
I have a Navionics MMC for my Raymarine C120 display and would like to
be able to look at the maps on my laptop while at home. No problem in
reading the file with a card reader but then? There are several nv2
binary files and I have no idea on how to handle them beside opening
them (uselessly) with emacs.
Any free or cheap software to read them?

Daniel