Larry

Default FUGAWI DO NOT BUY IT!!!

"John Smith" wrote in
:

I bought some 'Nav software' which came with a USB dongle so you can only
use it on one machine at a time.
Peter,

Copy protection will continue until the BUYERS wise up and simply refuse to
purchase the products. This is cyclical. Back in the early 80's, on the
old IBM PCs, we went through a period of intense donglitis which infected
millions of PCs until the buyers started to refuse to buy them. Suddenly,
with revenues dwindling, we had a change of heart. Copy protection started
to decline until only the paranoid schitzo software companies were being
cash drained, many going belly up rather than making it easy for the buyers
to use the software. Then, during the big boom days, they were all making
so much cash it didn't seem to matter.....until the bubble burst and Wall
St crashed. Suddenly, Micro$not had a change of heart and, because it
views itself as invincible which may be true, Windoze XP came out with copy
protection. Why is still a mystery. You nearly can't buy a computer
without paying the Micro$not tax on it, even if you use Linux. Change too
many hardware bits and it refuses to boot until "Mother" calls it and gives
it permission.

Simply stop buying copy protected crapware and it will all go away shortly.
But, of course, THAT would require boaters to COOPERATE, which isn't going
to happen.....So, the sellers seem to control the market until the buyers
smarten up.

--
Larry