da2ny

Default Navionics charts

My understanding is that if you insert a Navionics CF card in a computer
card reader, it will render the card unusable. Navionics puts warnings to
this effect on their packages. It is also my understanding that Raymarine
plans to introduce RayNav 6.0 later this year or early in 06 which will
allow you to network a computer with your
E or C system and allow you to view your charts, etc and plan routes on your
PC.

"Daniel" wrote in message
I have a Navionics MMC for my Raymarine C120 display and would like to be
able to look at the maps on my laptop while at home. No problem in reading
the file with a card reader but then? There are several nv2 binary files
and I have no idea on how to handle them beside opening them (uselessly)
with emacs.
Any free or cheap software to read them?

Daniel