Doug Kanter

Default fixing up an old johnson

"Blazer Fan Dan" wrote in message
ups.com...

John H. wrote:

These 'muffs' are what I use when running my engine while the boat is out
of the
water. The water intakes are above the propeller, as you said your's
were. I
can't see your engine, so I can't verify they'll work for you.
--
John H

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...Picture113.jpg here
is the lower unit.

I'm a little under the weather right now, so I don't feel up to getting
a picture of what I think is the intake (maybe later today)...but I
think it's the flat section above the prop, perpendicular to the shaft.

I could be wrong tho, and probably am.

No guts, no glory! Get out there with the camera!

But seriously, it looks pretty much like mine. Get the muffs. Keep in mind
that there might be slight gaps - they don't seal like suction cups on a
window. But, if you turn the hose all the way up, there'll be more than
enough water for the intakes to....take in.