John H.

Default fixing up an old johnson

On 3 Nov 2005 09:01:18 -0800, "Blazer Fan Dan" wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 2 Nov 2005 17:26:20 -0800, "Blazer Fan Dan" wrote:

How do I work on an old 62 Johnson, out of a body of water? I know that
for my evinrude I've used a huge garbage can, but I was wondering if
there was something like you can use on newer lower units (of IO's, for
example).

It looks like the water intake is above the prop, and I don't think the
same thing would work for both. Is there something easy to use?

I can make this make more sense if needed.

Are you looking for something like this?

http://www.boatus-store.com/webapp/w...0002/202/169/6

will those work for the something this old? I thought the water intake
was in a place that the "flushers" would be able to work.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

These 'muffs' are what I use when running my engine while the boat is out of the
water. The water intakes are above the propeller, as you said your's were. I
can't see your engine, so I can't verify they'll work for you.
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

HK