DSK

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
Doug,

I have never had a boating accident

Really? You stated:

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
... I am able to go slow enough to avoid most
accidents.

Did you not?

That means you must have had at least one accident, or that you cannot
use the English language properly. Which is it?

... or filed a insurance claim on my car,
home or boat insurance.

And this is relevent... how, exactly?

... I am familiar with basic physics governing boat
behavior

If that were true, you would not have posted:

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:
....If a large tanker suddenly decides to pull into my side of the
channel

"Large tankers" don't do *anything* suddenly. It is the same sort of
statement as that made by motorists who hit trees or bridge abutments,
saying that the obstruction "suddenly" jumped in front of them.

If a large ship appears to you to take sudden action, that is proving
that you either know nothing about the physics or that you weren't
paying attention. Which is it?

You fail to realize that ships do have problems that can cause them to
behave in unusual manner. A ship slammed into a shopping mall in the
Mississippi due to a mechanical malfunction. I saw a ship slam into a lock
damaging the lock, when the engine shut down unexpectedly and the ship lost
the ability to reverse.

Yep. And neither happened suddenly.

Since you fail to see the obvious and prefer to make insults

When have I insulted you? I have only quoted your own statements and
pointed out your errors.

Now, if I called you a clumsy moron who should have both his arms
surgically removed at the shoulder for his own safety & that of others,
that would be an insult. It may be true, but it would be an insult.

...this discussion is probably useless for both of us.

It is useless for you because you refuse to learn. It is useful for me
because it helps remind me just how hopeless so many motorboaters are,
plus it's funny.

DSK