DSK

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

Dr. Dr. Smithers wrote:

Doug,

Let me make a correction here. I am able to go slow enough to avoid most
accidents.

So, you have had at least one accident, then?

....If a large tanker suddenly decides to pull into my side of the
channel it is very possible the tanker could force me out of the channel and
into a shoal or rocks. If my boat was damaged by the tanker, I and my
insurance company would seek restitution from the tanker.

???
When do large tankers *ever* make any "sudden" maneuvers? If a large
tanker (or any big ship, commercial or naval) forces you into a damaging
situation, it's your fault for not seeing the big ship and taking
correct action long before.

If a sailboat was heading towards me in a marina with very narrow channel,
it is possible for that sailboat to change course as we are passing each
other and hit my boat without me assuming any responsibility.

That may be true, but it's not what Bill is talking about. And after
reading your rambling posts displaying your miscinceptions, I'm more
convinced than ever that it's hopeless to try an explain proper piloting
to you (or Bill M, or most motorboaters). You have no familiarity with
basic physics governing boat behavior, and seem to think that "the
rules" are just a formalized way of justifying your selfish &
short-sighted actions, and everybody else must be in the wrong.

DSK