Gary Warner

Default first boat length

Paul,

Disclosu I'm certainly an amature and have never owned a boat that
big, so quite possibly I'm talking out my butt here. But...

Seems to me that if that is the right size boat for your needs, get that.
Just
be aware that you won't have the proper experience to handle that type
of boat and that it's too big, heavy, and expensive of a boat to learn on
by trial and error. Put into your budget and plans to have someone show
you how to handle it. I sometimes see captains or training schools that
will offer to come out with you on YOUR boat and help you learn how
to handle it. ~ Very important: Don't just think that "Ok, I spent the
money
and spent 4 hours...now I'm all set." Keep having the person back for
more training until you actually ARE all set with handling it. IE: It's not
how much time or money you spend on learning it, it's if you actuallly
learned it.

Good Luck, !
Gary