Larry

Default Raymarine autopilot problem

John Proctor wrote in
news:2005103019225316807%lost@nowhereorg:

What core pack do you have with the 7001? There is an eco out for the
S1 corepack where the fluxgate gives intermittant problems. The problem
can develop after installation.

--
Regards,
John D Proctor

If anyone is interested, I think my captain still has the Raymarine Compass
Sensor in fine condition we replaced with the Raymarine Smart Heading
Sensor (with the gyrocompass sensor) in "Lionheart". He mentioned to me he
wanted to sell it. If he hasn't found it a home, I can ask him again for a
price that will replace your fluxgate problems. This is a full real
compass sensor with self-calibrating data output. All you do is turn slow
in a circle over a few minutes and it calbrates itself. I think this is
the NMEA model, but I could be mistaken and it would be Seatalk. They make
both.

Let me know if you're interested.....just reply to this message and we can
take it to email.

--
Larry

We use the B&G compass sensor for primary. It works better with the B&G
Network Pilot electro-hydraulic autopilot Lionheart has now.