Jonathan Ganz

Default Jet Ski overheating problem

In article .com,
wrote:
don't single out pwc's; if you did the same thing to noisy, polluting,
dirty boats of all shapes and sizes, then I at least couldn't cry
discrimination against pwc's.

I'm not specifically singling out pwcs, except that they're a huge
cause of the problem. You don't get very many sailboats buzzing
anchorages with noisy engines and endangering lives in the process

We seem to be talking past each other on this point: you keep bringing
up sailboats
and I keep saying I"m talking about pwc's and other power boats. In
fact I've already
conceded that sail boaters probably cause fewer problems and in general
behave better.
I'm making the point that pwc's and their operators are not very
different from any other kind of POWER BOATS.
All right, sail boats have engines so maybe they're power boats, but
you know what I mean. NOT SAIL BOATS!

And, I'm making the point that pwcs and their operators are very
different that the other power boats. Most powerboat operators don't
buzz around the anchorages. Most actually try to avoid causing
problems or annoying others. That hasn't been my experience with
*most* PWCers. Sure, some people are good, some people are bad. My
point is that a much larger perecentage of PWCers have little or no
respect for others. I could cite example after example, but you
consider that acedotal evidence, yet you also say that the PWCers you
know are ok.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com